The Healthy Start Program provides education and support to pregnant women and families with a baby (birth through one year and beyond). It is designed to give children a healthy start in life and help you enjoy being a parent. Visitors will help you with information on :
* Parent-child relationships.
* Community resources.
* Health care and child health assessments.
* Prevention of child injuries and accidents.
* Child development.
* Planning for a healthier pregnancy.
* Encourage and aid you in filling out forms for assistance
* Supplemental food for women, infants and children (WIC)
* Life-style change programs-stop smoking, alcohol and drug abuse.
* Financial help- emergency food, food stamps, health care and emergency assistance.
* How to obtain licensed childcare or babysitting.
* Adult education- how to speak English, learn to drive,
get a high school diploma.
* Recreation and Religious services.
* Marriage counseling.
* Family planning.
* Other available community services to
help you provide the best for your family.
Home visitors are mothers themselves who have been trained to help other mothers with their concerns. Home visitors work with public nurses who may also make home visits as needed.